who is Gregg Braden?
Gregg Braden is a five-time New York Times best-selling author, scientist, educator, and pioneer in the emerging paradigm bridging science, social policy, and human potential.
68 / 100
2020 Templeton Prize Nominee!
From 1979 to 1991 Gregg worked as a problem solver during times of crisis for Fortune 500 companies. He continues problem-solving today as his work reveals deep insights into the new human story, and how the discoveries inform the policies of everyday life and the emerging world.
His research has led to 15 film credits, 12 award-winning books now published in over 40 languages, and numerous awards including Walden Award for New Thought, the Illuminate Award for Conscious Visionaries, and Gregg is listed on the United Kingdom’s Watkins Journal among the top 100 of “the world’s most spiritually influential living people” for the 7th consecutive year. He was a 2020 nominee for the prestigious Templeton Award, established to honor “outstanding living individuals who have devoted their talents to expanding our vision of human purpose and ultimate reality.” He has presented his discoveries in over 34 countries on six continents and has been invited to speak to The United Nations, Fortune 500 companies and the U. S. military.
Gregg is a member of scientific and visionary organizations including the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the Laszlo Institute of New Paradigm Research, the Institute of HeartMath’s Global Coherence Initiative, the Source of Synergy Evolutionary Leadership Circle and The Arlington Institute, as well as an original signatory of the 2017 Fuji Declaration, the international call to collectively catalyze a timely shift in the course of human history.
- 1972-1975: Associate of Applied Science (AAS), Metropolitan Community College, Kansas City, MO, with emphasis on earth sciences.
- 1975-1977: Studied Marine Geology / Marine Biology at Florida Institute of Technology, Jenson Beach, FL.
- 1978-1979: Studied Geology / Remote Sensing at Colorado State University, Ft. Collins, CO.
- 1979-1982: Bachelor of Science (BS) with honors, Structural Geology and Earth Sciences, Metropolitan State College, Denver, CO. (Completed degree program while also employed full time at Phillips Petroleum, Denver, CO. as a geological computer tech during the energy crisis of 1979.
- 1982-1985: Phillips Petroleum, Computer Systems Geologist, North Slope, Alaska Equity Project, Denver, CO.
- 1985-1989: Martin Marietta Aerospace, Senior Computer Systems Designer, Strategic Systems Division, MMDS Liaison for US Airforce Space Command, Vandenberg Airforce Base, CA.
- 1989-1990: Martin Marietta Aerospace, Technical Systems Administrator, Denver, CO.
- 1990-1991: Cisco Systems, Palo Alto, CA. First Technical Operations Manager, World Wide Technical Operations. (Left company following the successful implementation of the global technical support system for the early internet, to write, and teach, full-time)
- 1991-present: Full-time author, educator, and consultant.
2 Published Books Include
- 2000 Published The Isaiah Effect (Random House/Harmony Books)
- 2004 Published The God Code (Hay House Books)
- 2005 Published Secrets of the Lost Mode of Prayer (Hay House Books)
- 2007 Published The Divine Matrix (Hay House Books)
- 2008 Published The Spontaneous Healing of Belief (Hay House Books)
- 2010 Published Deep Truth (Hay House Books)
- 2011 Published Fractal Time (Hay House Books)
- 2014 Published The Turning Point (Hay House Publishing)
- 2015 Re-released Resilience From the Heart (Formerly The Turning Point ) Hay House
- 2018 Published Human by Design (Hay House)
- 2019 Re-released The Science of Self Empowerment, Formerly Human by Design (Hay House Books)
- 2020 Published The Wisdom Codes (Hay House Books)
HONORS & RECENT AWARDS
2019 Conscious Visionary Award – ILLUMINATE Film Festival
“ILLUMINATE awarded Gregg Braden the 2019 Conscious Visionary Award for his contribution and relentless devotion to bridging science, spirituality, and human potential, for conceiving ground-breaking ideas and new ways of being, and for leveraging the powerful medium of storytelling to spread his enlightened discoveries.”
Executive Director, ILLUMINATE
World’s Premier Film Festival for Conscious Cinema
The award, presented annually by the ILLUMINATE Film Festival, honors a pioneer who is awakening, inspiring, and empowering humanity, a forward-thinker who catalyzes positive change through mediums such as talks, books, research, and courses – and who has chosen to share his/her message through film, contributing to the rising and ever-powerful movement in conscious cinema.